Worship at Calvary Lutheran
We gather weekly as people of God, called by the Holy Spirit, to hear God’s word in scripture reading, message and song. All who believe are welcome to receive the Lord’s Supper.
Join Us For Worship:
Sunday Worship Schedule
8:30 & 10:30 AM (in-person & streamed online)
Join us for Coffee & Fellowship
9:30-10:30 AM in the Fellowship Hall
- Morning Worship Services in-person & online each Sunday.
- Worship using the red hymnal, liturgy, and traditional hymns led by the Calvary Singers choir and organ.
- Communion is served at both services.
- “Jubilate” is the name of Calvary’s Praise Worship Band. The band consists of piano, guitar, violin, drums and various other instruments. Members lead music that varies from traditional, folk, gospel, contemporary and modern hymns.
- This service is offered at least one Sunday a month. It may vary due to the church year worship schedule.
- Children are encouraged to join in and play an assortment of handheld instruments during the Sending Song at the end of worship.
- Holiday weekends (watch calendar for details).
- Advent (November 28-December 24, 2021).
- Lent Services Wednesday evenings during Lent (March 2-April 14, 2022).
Worship & Music
Calvary’s Worship Core consists of members dedicated to enriching lives and spreading the gospel through Word, Music and Fellowship. Our mission is to plan and lead meaningful experiences in worship and know God’s presence as well as reach out to others, and together experience a connection with God that we might all grow in faith and service to God.
The purpose of the Altar Guild is to serve. Service requires a spiritual commitment and it has a spiritual goal. We serve by doing the following:
- Set up the paraments to coordinate with the times and seasons of the church year.
- Clean and store the sacramental vessels and linens.
- Change the Eternal Candle and check other candle heights.
- Serve with four other members at communion services.
All this is done for the Glory of God and the building up of His people. (If you are interested in joining the Altar Guild, please contact Barb Thomason 218-732-9313.)
Assist with worship audio, video, lighting, and projections.
Assist in Holy Communion distribution during worship services.
Read Scripture verses during worship services.
Prepare the Narthex prior to worship services by:
- Ensuring Offering Plates are available at the back of sanctuary.
- Verifying Bulletins to be handed out are correct.
- Checking that candles are lit during the Call to Worship-by acolyte or themselves.
Assist during worship by:
- Assisting congregation, guests, and visitors with seating.
- Distributing bulletins at sanctuary entrance.
- Distributing Friendship Pads, collecting after service and returning to office.
- Distributing Offering Plates through the pews and bring forward to Pastor.
- Directing congregation forward for communion; watching for anyone who is unable to come forward and directing Pastor to bring communion to them.
- Counting attendance and recording totals to the office.
- Clean up pews, returning hymnals to seats and picking up bulletins left behind.
- Close sanctuary doors.
- Verify candles have been extinguished.
The Bell Choir performs monthly in worship using handbells and chimes. Practice is Wednesdays at 5:30 PM.
The Calvary Singers perform twice a month in worship. Singers of all ages are welcome to join. Rehearsal Wednesdays at 6:30 PM.
The Holy Commotion children’s choir practices Wednesday evenings, following the After School Program, from 5:00-5:30 PM. All kids in Kindergarten to 6th grade are invited to join!
“Jubilate” is the name of Calvary’s Praise Worship Band. The band consists of piano, guitar, violin, drums and various other instruments. Members lead music that varies from traditional, folk, gospel, contemporary and modern hymns.
Youth Praise Band
Worshipping with Children
We eagerly invite children to worship with us, they are an important part of our congregation! They should feel welcomed and that they belong to our family of faith.
We have resources for children to use during worship. In addition to the Toddler Busy Bags, we have coloring pages and storybooks for ages 6+ and My Worship Notes and Adventure Bibles for ages 9+. Please pick them up at the KIDS Connect table in the Narthex and return them after service.
Our children, who love so freely, need to be in worship, and they need to learn how to express their love to God. Our children are counting on us, their parents and their congregation, to teach them. So, enjoy the Goldfish crackers in the pews, and the giggles, and the questions and know that God is pleased that we are fulfilling the promises we made at their baptism.