Our Mission and Purpose - As a community of women created in the image of God, called to discipleship in Jesus Christ, and empowered by the Holy Spirit, we commit ourselves to grow in faith, affirm our gifts, support one another in our callings, engage in ministry and action, and promote healing and wholeness in the church, the society, and the world.
To learn more about these ministries or to volunteer and serve, please contact:
Dorothy Meyer, Rachel Aanenson, Sara Forsberg, Marleen Seach, Jo Ashmore, Mary Packer,
Jan Kehr, Audrey Carlson, Candy Bugge & Kathy Toomey
(WELCA Board Members)
A Message from Calvary Women in Ministry
Newborn Kits 2021
“As a mother comforts her child, so I will comfort you.. you shall be comforted in Jerusalem.“-Isaiah 66:13
Yes, we’re back!! Faith in Action! And we know many of you have been busy at home…..sewing diapers and t-shirts, and knitting beautiful stocking hats. We hope to assemble these in July this year. Bless you as you gather the Newborn Kit supplies, items may be new or gently used (see list below).
If you have any questions, please call Rachel Aanenson or Dorothy Meyer.
Bible Circle Groups
PATIENCE 4:00 PM 2nd Thursday – Dot Meyer 255-4853
PEACE 1:00 PM 2nd Tuesday – Rachel Aanenson 252-8062
“Tied in faith, sent in hope, wrapped in love.”
Mission quilting days are the 2nd & 4th Mondays, starting at 9:00 AM. You are welcome to come and go as you please, but if you would like to bring your own lunch and stay until 1:30, we would love to see you! Masks are still required, until further notice.
Looking forward, the primary need is fabric donation for making quilt tops. All fabric must be clean and in new to like-new condition. As always, cash donations are welcome
Beautiful quilts available!
Calvary Quilters are encouraging a minimum $50 donation. With costs of quilting material going up, this will ensure approximately 4 more quilts to be made for mission work.
Quilts will be available for purchase in the office (Monday-Thursday 8AM-2PM.)
Thank you for supporting mission quilting!
Prayer Shawl Knitters
What a blessing this ministry has been to so many needing comfort! And it continues as several women continue to make shawls and bring them to the office for the pastor’s and others to give as needed. YOU can be a part of this too! Just pick up some yarn and start knitting or crocheting!
If you have questions, please contact Marilyn Klettenberg 218-732-9043.
Lutheran World Relief Personal Care Kit Items:
- 1- light-weight bath-size towel (between 20″x40″ and 52″x27″), dark color recommended
- 2 or 3- bath-size bars of soap equaling 8-9 oz., any brand, in original wrapping (no mini or hotel size please)
- 1- sturdy comb, remove packaging (no picks or fine-toothed combs)
- 1- metal nail clippers (attached file optional), remove packaging
- PLEASE DO NOT DONATE ANY TOOTHBRUSHES, TOOTHPASTE, OR FLOSS THIS YEAR.
Collection bucket across from the office. Thank you for your generous donations!
Lutheran World Relief Newborn Kit Items:
(All items may be new or gently used. *Starred items are especially needed.)
- *Bath Towel – 48” to 52” length – smaller towels are preferred
- Washcloth-not microfiber
- *Bath Size Ivory Soap-in original packaging
- Cotton T-shirt or Onesie– Newborn to 3-month size
- Newborn Stocking cap – Small size (newborn’s head has approximately a 14” circumference)
- *Receiving Blanket – approximately 30” x 30”
- Cloth Diapers – patterns available
- Diaper pins
- Pillow Case
- Twine or Ribbon
Collection bucket across from office.
Thank you for your generous donations!
To learn more about Lutheran World Relief Newborn Kits Project: